26 November, 2008

Birthday in Bangalore

I know, I'm behind on posting. I've got lots of pictures to post and stories to tell, but I've been too busy traveling and having fun and taking more pictures to get around to actually posting about it! If I get a chance I'll work on it tonight (I'm still at work at the moment, but we're leaving soon). If I don't get to it tonight, then it probably won't happen until after the weekend when I'll have even more pictures to post from our trip to Goa.

Today's my birthday, and the tradition here at the Q-Center is to bring a large bag of chocolates to share. So I made the rounds with my bag of chocolates and was wished a happy birthday by everyone. The traditional way of saying it here is "I wish you many happy returns of the day". It's very sweet and beautiful!

Tomorrow is sports day, and I've somehow been roped into doing the long jump and being on a basketball team, both of which I'm going to fail miserably at, even though they tell me it doesn't matter if I'm bad at it. Jeff made me promise to take pictures, so I'll see what I can do.

1 comment: