02 November, 2008

Flight to India

I made it to India! But before I start ranting about how beautiful and warm and amazing it is here, I first want to talk about the flights.

Overall everything went amazingly smooth and stress-free. There were just a few highlights that I think are worth mentioning.

First, the flight to Seattle was uneventful, but once I got to Seattle I still had to check in and get my boarding passes for my Lufthansa flights, which unfortunately meant I had to go outside of security. So I crossed my fingers and headed out, got checked in and headed right back to the security line... which at that very moment had just been stopped entirely due to some random security threat. Roughly an hour later and I finally made it through, but still with another hour to kill, so it really wasn't a big deal at all. And that was my only layover glitch at all the whole way here.

Business class seats are awesome!!! They have more foot room than I could even reach, the seats lay back entirely flat, which is obviously far more conducive to sleeping, and of course the service was excellent. Between an excellent star rated dinner, more than one glass of italian red wine, and a decent dose of Robitussin PM, I slept like a baby for a good 6 hours straight on the first long-haul flight, and then again for another 4ish hours on the second long flight. Here's a picture of my seat on the second long flight. I was up in the very front of the plane, right up in the nose, in the second row. A perfect location. :)

Flight to India


And the other thing I have to mention is that German men are gorgeous! (Well, any number of them that I happened to see at least. And don't worry Jeff, you're gorgeous too!) I had a hard time keeping myself from just sitting and staring at some of the gorgeous German men in the Frankfurt airport and on the airplane. *sigh* Anyways, enough of my silly weaknesses.

That's pretty much the highlights of the trip. The Bangalore customs and transfer went without a glitch, thankfully, and two of the secondees who have already been here for 3 months came to pick me up at the airport. But this is where I end this blog entry and start a new one to rant about how beautiful and warm and amazing it is here, and whatever else there is to tell.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Sounds like you had a great trip!!! We miss you here already!

    ReplyDelete